Sunday, November 18, 2007

Hum of the House

I was just washing dishes from breakfast, some I hand wash and others are rinsed and put in the dishwasher which I just started. My husband is upstairs putting something or other on the back of a closet door and I could hear him walking and puttering measuring whatevering. I have banana bread in the oven which smells heavenly and the sounds and the smells and the contentment of this morning brought back a memory from 60 years ago. Sunday morning at home with Mom and Dad and the brothers and smell the roast in the oven, hear the hum of the house as each member of the family is doing something or other and who cares because we are all under the roof and safe and sound and content and secure. What a blissful moment to return too and to have now in my house on a Sunday morning. The hum of the house is a little like heaven I think. Blessings on us all and gratitude to a sovereign Lord who loves us so.

2 comments:

Angie said...

What a wonderful sort of memory! It's the simple things, as 'they' say. I have the same sort of memories of being at my grandparents' house in Tennessee.

I'm visiting from Michele's today. :)

I hope you've had a wonderful weekend!

WendyWings said...

It is those little moments that we need to hang on to and enjoy :)
Have a wonderful remainder of your Sunday. Michele sent me today.