Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Tale of Two Gemmas

I am back at work and away from family. I am finding it harder and harder to do this. I feel like a split personality. In one life I am married and live by the ocean with my husband and dog. I keep house, make soups and salads, have wine before dinner, walk every morning, water the tomatoes, clip the herbs, do the laundry, socialize with friends and so forth. In my other life I am a woman alone. I live in that big old house that always looks all shut up. I go to the office and hear about everyone's lives. I see pictures of their children and sports events and birthdays. I walk at lunch hour and when I go to the mailbox. I make healthy lunches from what I bring to work. I eat salads and home made soups. I bring fruit to work and share it with the others. I don't watch the normal TV shows and I read the Bible of all things. I am kind of a lonely old maiden aunt. When I ever can give up the lonely maiden aunt part of me where will it go I wonder.

No comments: