Sunday, December 16, 2007

The End of The Day

Loooooooongggg Day. Snow and Rain and Huge Winds!!! I would have used all caps but I hate to be hysterical. My husband says that I have multiple personalities one of which is Chick(en) Little. I go from low key, laid back to shrieking, arm waving, Bonnie and Clyde sister in law running around the front lawn with a spatula behavior over something I researched on the net and am sure I have. Years ago our family doctor told me I would die from a misprint. He also told me that wasn't his original thought but he had read it somewhere and it applied to me. Okey Dokey. Now you know how the day went. I had a very nasty drive down to this place on Thursday which I will write about sooner or later and truth be told I am still not over it. We had a Christmas party to attend today and the weather was as previously indicated and it was unclear what the day would turn into. We went and enjoyed and the husband did as the husband always does at this party which is to imbibe and enjoy and I am, as always at this party, the designated driver. We are home and safe and there was no weather reason we shouldn't be although the weather people were sitting on the edge of hysteria most of the day. Why do they do that? Why can't they just tell us what the weather is......anyway....

I am now having a glass of wine and the husband? Why he is asleep in the recliner as he always is after this annual event. Have a nice night. By the way...the Patriots? They WON AGAIN! Tom Brady is the cutest isn't he? Go Pats!

3 comments:

utenzi said...

Michele sent me over, Gemma.

I used to live in upstate NY and survived the weather there easily enough. Nowadays I live in the south and even a little ice and snow freaks us all out. I don't know how I'd make it if I ever moved back up there.

We had a freezing rain yesterday and I didn't like it one little bit. Too damn cold for me. Brrr!

Enjoy your wine, Gemma. Sounds nice to me.

Diane Mandy said...

Are you getting more of the white stuff today? If so, could be a two bottle day!

Joyful Days said...

Have a glass of wine for me, Gemma. I can't have any right now. Hrumph!! I love your doctor's quote. That is really funny. And the Chicken Little image is a hoot.

Peace!

Julie