Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Thoughts for Lent

I am the laziest in the universe (talk about an ego huh?) Well I have not much to say but thought I should exercise some discipline and say something. February is a horrid month. Thank God it is short. I remember that all sorts of things have happened in February that I have hated and this month this year seems to be holding true. I am putting on my seat belt, as Bette said, and getting ready for a rocky ride.

I eagerly await Spring. This Lent I am going to give things up that are not good for me but that I love. Food stuffs of course. I don't have my list yet but it will amount to a sacrifice. I hear on the radio this morning that a way to overcome temptation is to just say NO! that won't satisfy me.....I will do whatever it takes to conform to the character of Christ. I hope I can remember that.

On to February and my list of sacrifices for Lent....I will post them tomorrow and make it real.

No comments: