Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Image of God

Yesterday I started a thought. I was onto the we are made in God's image but different. I heard Chuck Colson this morning as he discussed the public's love for cop shows like Law and Order. He said that we loved those shows not because it gave us comfort to know that there is such a thing. People get comfort from shows like those during times of high crime but, Chuck said, crime is down so what's up?

I am so punny sometimes.

Well, said Chuck, the reason we love the Law and Order type shows is due to the fact that planted in our hearts is God's love for justice and truth. We love to see good triumph over evil, the guilty are punished. We are like God in that we are pleased with justice and truth and isn't it amazing, it is to me, that the theme of his show is similar to the theme of my thoughts? I am always so amazed in the radio minister. Some day I will be like my Grandmother and people will think that I really believe there are people in that box rather than acknowledge the wonders of the air waves.

I miss my Grandmother. She taught me the joy of the Bible.

No comments: