Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Quiet Mind

Wow. That post from yesterday seems like a month ago. I barely remember writing it but I did. There are so many things to comment on today but I don't know where to start. People are so amazing aren't they? We are so firmly set on our tracks when we are tiny tots and right or wrong we tend to stay on those tracks for life. Every now and then I break through and realize those tracks may not be accurate to the person I am. Then I think, "Am I the person I am or the person I want to be or the person someone else wanted or wants me to be?"

Then I think, "Somebody stop me please. I am thinking again."

So at the beginning of a Wednesday I am in the middle of a think place. It's so tough to get out of these things. I talked to a dear friend who has had some major life changes and she was saying that her head was buzzing with thoughts and she couldn't quiet it. She was convinced that she was about to die since she was constantly thinking about her life in past years and since they say your life flashes before your eyes as you die then she was dying. Granted, the rate of death was such that it would take quite some time to go. Her life wasn't so much flashing by as wandering. We will talk later today about methods of quieting one's mind. Any suggestions?

No comments: