Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Improving the hour

I wish that I could be so prolific that whenever I sit down at the computer, one of the first things that I do is to write something here. I am not so prolific and I am lazy. Talked to my niece this am and she was telling me about the teacher conference she went to for her 6 year old. He's bright and energetic and creative and all those things are true but he's also lazy and inattentive and needs work on his small motor skills. I laughed because it brought to mind the teacher's comment on the back of the report card I brought home when I was about 8. Gemma should spend more time on her penmanship and less time socializing. I think the same comment would apply lo these many years later. My penmanship is still miserable and I still socialize way too much. Once captured by an elementary school teacher, it's hard to break out of the mold.

No comments: