Saturday, January 26, 2008

We are at Home

Happy Saturday! This is a great day though a cold one. We just came in from the walk with the girl and it is COLD but the wind is gone so the cold is not as cutting. Got that? Good.
Today will be a day unlike any of the past few Saturdays have been. We are, as the Victorians would say, at home. Oh we have our errands to tend to, I have to get to the library and return a book and pick one up they are holding for me, there's the grocery list to see to, beef stew to make for the FIL, the oven MUST be cleaned as well as the coffee pot, laundry has piled up and finally, the bird feeders have been on the to do list for months and they have to be cleaned and filled. The birds are ready to totally move away from here. I have not cared for the feeders for ever. So there's the day's plan. I'll let you know how it goes. It feels so good to be able to plan these things and have a chance that they may all happen. Lately we have been squashing all the chores into short and rapidly closing windows of time since the FIL and the nursing home and friend's husband passing away and obligations of all sorts have pressed in on us removing any thought of at home get things done at your leisure.
I might even buy some daffodils and have a breath of spring here. On that note, let me share with you our friend and neighbors gorgeous garden..do you wonder why I pine for Spring? We are so lucky to live here.


4 comments:

craziequeen said...

Hey Gemma, Michele sent me to see what your Saturday looks like...

Wow, what a lot of plans - I make plans....they never pan out..

cq

Diane Mandy said...

The look beautiful I'm glad you are enjoying your weekend at home. After all of your stress as of late, you deserve it!

kenju said...

That is a beautiful garden photo!

carmilevy said...

Michele sent me to say that I want these people to be my neighbors, too! Seriously, what a stunning garden. The color and texture all make me wish spring were here...now!