Tuesday, July 17, 2007

To Play Hookey or Not

I have been toying with playing hookey since the weekend. I went to lunch with some lovely ladies I worked with for years. We are all in the area and twice a year whether we need to or not we get together for lunch. One is single and always has been. She lives such a fabulous single life. She has a condo here and in Florida. The Florida condo she shares with a couple of female friends. She travels several times a year to Europe or somewhere in the states. She volunteers for any number of community action things and works part time in the summer to supplement her winter wanderings. She has many friends and interests and when we leave, the gal I always pick up and drive home says....wow, she is so busy she wears me out. She makes me feel like I am doing nothing. Then all the way home the two of rationalize our doing nothing.

Anyhow my busy friend said that she is working for a real screwball this summer and she is feeling some stress. The other day she realized that if she is not happy at work then she should not go. I think she's right. That's what solidifies my hookiness. I'm going though. I will connect later and advise.

No comments: