Saturday, July 07, 2007

Non-Vacation Blues

And for today. . . . we are doing the usual Saturday things which involve running and fetching and laundry and the dump and then collapse in the recliner to nap but not able to because neighbors stop by and say hi and what's up for later. Being in a summer place where people are on vacation or weekending makes it tough when you're here, living a non-vacation life. Vacations mean never having to do laundry or cook if you don't want to. Vacations mean all the clothes you have are freshly washed and ironed and sometimes new. Vacations mean lots of happy hours and snacks and yikes!!! We are the wrinkled non-vacationers here all the time vacuuming and shopping getting ready for work on Monday folks. Most of the time I love the easy going drop in and say hi have a glass of wine laugh and snack but there are days, and this is one of them where all the things left undone for the past couple of weekends due to my pain in the neck . . family duties. . graduation parties. . bridal showers . . all those undone things are calling to me. Gemma, your laundry wants you to pay attention. Gemma, change the sheets on the bed. Gemma dust for the love of Pete. Who is Pete? No one could ever tell me.

I must obey the call of the dirty dishes and laundry and the unused vacuum cleaner.

I will be back when things are a bit more sparkly.

1 comment:

Joyful Days said...

I love this, Gemma. When I get back from my trip there is a "deep" house waiting for me to hop to it.