Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pray for the Day

So far , so good, I have managed to elude the pizza roller. Today will be a challenge however. Yesterday was a day of gathering and evading deadlines and establishing new deadlines for the same things. Sound cryptic? It all is. Today the rubber meets the road and all but two of the long list of projects that must be completed and handed off by Friday are mine. There are two that are the accountants and he has, I hope all the information he needs.

There are other looming things and meetings for today and I will need God to wrap me in His arms and keep me safe throughout them. Long long ago things are still in the front of people's minds. Bubbling cauldrons have been stirred and eyes of newts have been dropped in and I need God to put me under His wings and let me find refuge in that fortress and all of the other power prayers I can think of I have been thinking and praying. The big picture makes most of this silly but I can't seem to step out of the muck and get a glimpse of that picture. When I do step out, I'm hurled back. I heard a radio minister this morning say that life can be like a giant squid. It wraps those tentacles around you and pulls you down into the black ocean waters. You need to call out to God and He will pull you free.

I know I will be safe and only goodness and mercy will follow me and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Thank you Jesus.

No comments: