Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Jenny Welcomes Me Back

Well, I gave up. Yes. I did. I called Jenny Craig and crawled back with my tail between my legs. If I had one, that is. I went back dammit and leaped on that scale. 13 of the 18 pounds I lost 4 years ago are back. I thought it would be worse than that so I am only semi miserable. As Scarlett O'Hara so aptly put it, "As God is my witness, I'll never weigh more than this again." I'm actually relieved that I did it and it's over and now I just need to get through this week. I have decided that I can always lose 20 pounds (although I didn't 4 years ago did I) so my first goal is 10 pounds. Then I will see what the next ten look like. I really don't expect to be a slim and vibrant teen ager - I never was that to begin with. Ten pounds right about now would really make a difference to me and my clothes and getting through the heat of what's left of the summer and there is a lot of heat left to this season. The only problem with the Jenny thing is the social life thing and the summer. I WILL DO IT (at least for the first week) One week at a time as they say. I'll let you know next Monday how much less of me there is.

1 comment:

kenju said...

I need to lose 15, and I am very undisciplined!

Gemma, thanks for the visit. I'm going to poke around here for a while too.....LOL