Thursday, July 20, 2006

Dieting Dilemma

Well, I have made it through two days. That includes a night at the ball game. Thank heavens it was the hottest night on record and the mere thought of food roasted me even further. The water, expensive as it was, was cold for about ten minutes. Between the body heat and the heat heat, well, it heated up. My husband was talking about going to Sharper Image or Brookstone and buying a personal air conditioner. He said that you hang it around your neck and it blows cold air at you. Could this be true or is he putting one over on me? I haven't looked that up yet because I really didn't think about it 'till now but that night I would have sent him to the store for one if he could have gotten back into the park. I must check it out and see if he was stringing me along.

Anyhow. .

Here I am after lunch, at work and still on the straight and Jenny narrow. I feel ten pounds thinner already. I had a doctor's appointment today which got cancelled by the doctor for a change. I would have gone, stepped on the scale and faced the music.....honest! By a stroke of luck, the doc can't make it and it has been rescheduled for a month from now. I will then get on the scale, weigh what I did a year ago (having lost maybe 10 pounds) I will be so proud of myself and I will get a lecture about losing the weight I said I would lose a year ago. I will then have to confess to the weight gain and loss or shut up and promise that next year things will be different. Oh what a dilemma. Even more of dilemma is spelling dilemma.....how wierd that word looks.

I have a month to sort out all of the above and pray that I do lose ten pounds so that I don't have to explain what I have done with my piggy self.....I love food. I love wine. I love company. I love gatherings with all of the previous and don't tell me it isn't about the food, it's about the conversation. Everyone I know talks about food, cooking it, buying it, eating out, eating in, when they aren't doing those things they are watching the food channel. . .

Life is Good!

No comments: