Thursday, December 01, 2005

Yikes

Three times in one day is a whizzer of a posting record. I'm fast approaching my first anniversary of my first real post.....My birthday!

Get ready to sing. My mother had a voice like Lucy. Remember the old I Love Lucy shows when Lucy wanted to perform with Ricky? Well when she sang she sounded like my mother and that would make Mother happy....Lucy sounded like her not the other way around. Anywho -- on your birthday you could always count on Ma and sometimes Dad too calling first thing in the morning and singing the Happy Birthday song. It was painful but I miss it so much and that's painful too. When she died, I called the sibs on their birthdays and tried very hard to sound like Ma. There's another thing I won't have to do this year coming.

Well, I have a dear friend who is keeping the tradition going. She calls and "sings" and we love her for it. Thank God for mother's memories and good friends....I am really going to pound this gratitude thing until it screams.

Later

No comments: