Thursday, December 29, 2005

Happy Christmas

Rain and more rain. This is a deluge. I don't mind though as long as the lights stay on. I have taken most of this week off to indulge in the fantasy that I can afford not to work. I can't. Oh well. We had a wonderful Christmas sort of. The night before the night before Christmas Eve, the Husband fell in a dip in the road while walking the dog. I was with him so I know he is not acting. The foot he hurt is the foot without the bone spur so he is totally gimpy. He is also unable to do all sorts of things that I hoped he would do since I had so much to do. Well, long story short, it all got done with much heavy sighing from him as he claimed to be sorry that he couldn't help me. Ya da ya da and so on.

We crammed way too many family members into our teensy quarters on Christmas Eve and had enough food for an army but at the end of the eve we had not enough left over to save or send home with anybody. Whew! that crowd can put it away. Even the 2 year old sat up at the table, fork and spoon in hand and ate everything in front of her and then some. I love it when people love the food you prepare.

Presents were torn open, mostly by the two year old and that was followed with guessing games of who the gift was for and from. We had a great time. Christmas Day was quiet with the feet up and iced or heated depending on which way was appropriate. We were going to go on visitations for the day but the feet prevailed and we stayed put. It was a great day.

Hope y'all are enjoying the aftermath and resting up for the big bang to come. We are.

No comments: