Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tough it out

Today is the office luncheon and rather than take the day off because I have gazillions of things to do for Christmas, I must appear at work. I will leave early but nevertheless I will be there and on my mind will be all of the things hanging in air that need to be brought to earth by Christmas Eve. We are having 14 for dinner in a house that is comfortable with 4. I eagerly look forward to card tables and TV trays and once seated always seated if you're at the big table. We do this every year and maybe its the weight gain factor and the children growing that gives us less and less room annually. Like every year, the tree is not up yet and this year there are no wreaths or lights outside. I guess the family losses have caught up with me. Presents are in the trunk of my car where they have been for three weeks or maybe two. I have left them there because to bring them into the house would add clutter to an already cluttered area. I guess I must be depressed and have no physical feelings of being so but it sure is taking its toll on my surroundings.

I must be about my day and do what I have to do. Soldier on and suck it up, get over it and move along. All of those things are being shouted in my head by my inner drill sergeant. I have learned over the years to yell back but in this case, at this time, I must obey.

Later

No comments: