Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Day Book entry a Day Late

I think that simple things are in order today. I can only vent so much before my blood pressure feels it.   Unfortunately this took me more than a day to do so




FOR YESTERDAY
December 28, 2009
Outside my window...  I see piles of snow which are as hard as rock or they would have melted with all the rain we have had
I am thinking... as little as possible
I am thankful for... my husband and his family.  They are all such great people (mostly) and are always there when we need them.
From the kitchen... I see a cluster of plastic containers waiting to be put away.  We have so little space here that they have to be nested and cuddled up in just the right way or when the cabinet door opens they fall out on your head and scare the bejeepers out of you.  It is a chore to do it correctly and so, they tend to sit and wait for my patience to accrue before they go back to their allotted spaces.
I am wearing... a pair of black slacks that look good from a distance but I fear they are a tad too snug if checked out carefully.  I also have a baby green long sleeved tee on with a black and green and pink scarf.  I'm hoping the scarf will keep everyone looking above the waist and not notice the snug trousers.
I am creating... a white cable knit cardigan.  We called them Hong Kong sweaters back in the day and I have scoured the earth to find this pattern only to discover it was in a magazine rack here in my own house.  Guess when that magazine rack was last sorted through.  No don't, I can't tell you if you are right because I don't remember.
I am going...to Westport to visit my very dear friend and bring Christmas presents as well as her birthday gift.  I will take her to lunch and hope the too snug pants hold up until I get home. 
I am reading... A Long Shadow by Charles Todd.  It's a Victorian mystery and the main character is Inspector Rutledge who has returned from the trenches of France following WWI.  It's quite engaging and the third of the series I have read so far.  I recommend it highly.
I am hoping... that I will rein in my appetite and lose the couple of pounds that have moved in following the holiday.
I am hearing... my refrigerator running and that's a good thing. 
Around the house... clutter from Christmas abounds but it's a happy clutter and so I will sit back and admire it.
One of my favorite things... is to sit and knit and watch Midsomer Murder DVD's.  Talk about relaxing.  Can't beat it
A few plans for the rest of the week: Husband is off to the dentist on Tuesday and since his teeth are being renovated, the rest of the week will involve dealing with soft foods and possible trips back to the dentist for adjustments.  Have to clear the week to do what may need doing dentist wise.

Here's a picture for thought I am sharing.





I have used the above format found at  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ .  Go forth and do the same if you wish.  It really is a nice spot

No comments: