Wednesday, January 03, 2007

:Yikes, time flies

Last post was December 14th. I can't believe the time has gone by so quickly....and then again there have been moments or two of draggingly slow motion. I have to say that the most horrible thing about the Christmas event was the fact that I never got the tree up. I also have to say that the best thing about the Christmas event was the fact that I never got the tree up. On the day after Christmas I looked around, saw that the majority of the mess was cleaned up and to put the decorations away all I had to do was remove the red candle from the mantle and carry on. How amazing is that? Years past I was still staring at that tree in February. One year I thought that if I just changed the ornaments to birds and flowers I could just leave it there year round. People would eventually stop staring and move on with their comments.

Well, the Christmas Eve dinner festival was so nice. Days before, because of that no gift exchanging and Hubby not passing the word to the people we would spend Christmas Day with, we baked cookies and cookies and more cookies. Bags were bought - of the small variety and then of course more were bought since I couldn't find a bag of those that I bought and cookies were wrapped and wrapped and decorated and wrapped and packed into bags and bags and. You get it right? Next year? Gifts.

Christmas Eve. Standing Prime Rib. Giant Spiral Sliced Ham. Wine. Food. More Food. More wine. Seventeen of us. It was great and we ate early and the kids (in their 20's) reminisced like old timers. I loved it. My niece's two little ones were the hit of the night. It couldn't be Christmas without little ones and Hubby's dad was there -- what a really nice time.

New Year's Eve. Quiet dinner at home with good friends and watched the ball drop, said good night and asleep by 12:30. Perfect.

Hope all went well with everyone out there and by golly, 2007 will be such a good one. We're overdue for some smooth sailing aren't we?

God Bless.

No comments: