Thursday, September 29, 2005

Anchors

My brother died. My heart aches and tears fall and pain abounds. My world rocks and shakes and moves under my feet and where am I? My brother should not have left me or his family of choice. His son, his daughter, his partner and her children are all in such a fog of pain and fear and dismay.

God is the God of all grace. When in your private and public worlds everything is out of control remember that God is the King of the World and the Lord of the Universe. God has established His throne in heaven and His kingdom rules over all. We are not in the grip of blind forces. We are both in our public and private worlds schooled in the realm of God's providence.

How on earth did the radio know I needed to hear that if God is not in fact on the throne? My soul is anchored to His throne and He is forever unchangeably true and loving and just. I pray for me and mine and you and yours.

No comments: