Thursday, September 22, 2005

morning message

Had the radio on again this morning and that minister or preacher or pastor, whatever you like to call church leaders, was giving me my marching orders for the day. Pray, he said, pray all day. Wake up and pray. Pray before you pour your coffee. Pray while your stuck in traffic. Worry is an addiction and you should replace it with prayer. God is in the GM business, Great and Mystical. My favorite thing he said was this, don't think God is just like us but older. A lot of us think that way. God is the oldest man with the longest beard. Thinking this way limits what you think He can do. He is limitless and capable of anything. Has anything ever happened that you have no logical explanation for? Well then................ponder that.

I am going to pray my way through the day and work earnestly toward tossing worry onto God. He will take it and shake it out and give me peace in it's place.

No comments: