Monday, June 25, 2007

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

I wrote this earlier

A beautiful day in the neighborhood, the sun is out, the sky is blue, my husband is glad to be with me and vice versa, we have a great rescue dog who is improving daily, no, make that monthly. She is a really lovely dog but like all of us she has flaws. The flaws are not fatal thank you. She LOVES people and zoooooms in on them with all 94 pounds of her. Yikes! That plus the Rottweiler face will do it for most. There are those who hold their ground and are rewarded with wagging and wagging and my husband huffing and puffing to hold her back. Great leaping whines of joy and licks follow.

We are done with the walk and she has twanged herself into a nap. It’s exhausting being a giant puppy.

I am attempting to work from home and the computer remote access is on again and off again. I have downloaded most of what I need to this computer so I should be able to get most of what I want done. This has been a very funny time for me. I keep thinking I’m depressed and then again I feel fine. I think the change of seasons always has me in a bit of an emotional swirl. Just when I think I’m so well balanced. Well the point of that statement is to say that I should have taken some vacation time for this week and just stayed home. No. Couldn’t plan ahead so here I am finding any excuse to stay home and try to get the guilt of not working washed away by working at home. Make sense to you? Me either.

No comments: