Friday, March 02, 2007

A Matter of Money

I guess I'm a once a week poster girl. Seems so. All week I work at the office and on Friday's I work at home and so it's easier to do this now. I would normally be commuting at this point in the day so I feel no guilt sitting here at the computer seeking my own pleasures.

I just ran through the headlines of the day and see that Anna Nicole is getting ready for the viewing. Bout time. Even the church is making a buck or rather 5000, per satellite dish. Wow! This should be an uplifting and edifying service.

There are two lawyers on the front page of the NY Post and they have moved some money for sure. The female of the species worked at a major investment firm and her husband, lawyer as well, he helped. Fifteen million the story says, at least that's what they know of. The two appear to be young, hip and are described as the top echelon of whatever investment firm it was she worked for. I hate to be judgemental, ok, I don't so I will. Money and privilege and entitlement breed this behaviour. Young and bright and catered to brings it out even more. I'm sure the whole thing is borderline and defensible. After all they're hardly more than children. Who wouldn't want the children to have whatever their ego's need to move through that other America and hold their heads high. How could they live properly without the $$$$$.

That's all for now. An old acquaintance once told me, when all sorts of horrible stuff was happening, that I shouldn't be concerned about any of the issues. When all was said and done it was always only a matter of money. Sigh.......

No comments: