Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday

I had a roller coaster weekend as far as emotions were concerned. Everything twanged my heartstrings. I watched Tammy Faye go through chemo yesterday and I sobbed. I watched that depression hurts commercial and when the dog is sitting there with the ball in her mouth, I sobbed. Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt sent me to the Kleenex box as I watched that As Good As It Gets (I think that's the name). Now here I am, Monday morning, wrung out, exhausted and purged of tears. I hope anyway.

We had blue skies and snow. The weather was as whacked as I. I stopped recording all I ate, at least for the past couple of days and what a surprise!!! I gained back the two pounds I lost. If I weren't so predictable I would have to cry some more.

Spring can't come soon enough. I hope it brings that breath of fresh beginnings and hopscotch that it always used to. I am going to plant things. I want tomatoes and clematis and daffodils with tulips and iris and impatiens. Bring. It. On.

Off I go now to laundry and vacuuming. Wish me luck!

No comments: