Monday, March 27, 2006

Endurance

I have been very lazy lately but that's no excuse. Discipline is the answer. Write and write and write, right? Right! So here I am writing. I have to say that the effort of writing is therapeutic.

Lazy is for sure since I wrote that on the 27th and here it is later and I still have zip zero nada. I am having a little matchgirl kind of day and I believe that I am my mother's daughter after all. I am "blue" I am "out of sorts" I am all those things my mother would say instead of saying the D word. We never get depressed and yet............................

Sighs and moans are helping me and they sure do keep me in isolation. No one would want to push through this wall of blue funk. Well, I must get on with my lackluster life and slog through the muck and mire ahead. I did read Hebrews this morning...only 4 more chapters to go. The Bible is always helpful.....I also heard some conversation, on the radio about 1st Peter....maybe 2nd but Peter anyway and they were talking about enduring. Picture the little burro laden with whatever on both sides> The packs are larger than he but he endures and moves to his goal....good little burro. Sigh. I will endure and

Tomorrow I will read this and feel ashamed of myself for not recognizing all of the blessings the Lord has showered on me and for the fact that, in times of difficulties, He has stood by my side and often carried me through.

I am a blessed and foolishly human child of God. Please Father help me to endure with joy.

No comments: