Saturday, January 21, 2006

Weekend Prayer

Weekend things are so standard around here. Laundry and dry mopping and clean the bathrooms and change the beds and shop for the week and get ready for Saturday company which may or may not stay over so maybe shop for Sunday breakfast and whew! what used to be fun becomes so routine and tiresome sometimes.

I like weekends, don't get me wrong. It's nice to have no other kinds of pressures, the kinds that exist on week days when banks are open and lawyers can call and places of business are open and that may require you to call or pay or visit or whatever . Those things are not hovering. Only the social and living kinds of things are overhead. Cooking and cleaning and smiling things are demanding too.

I guess it's the time of year and the times and events that have recently passed that have taken its toll. I feel like my battery is at a very low point and my light is dim and flickering. Fill me with Your strength Lord and move my feet on the path You have chosen for me. Amen

No comments: