Thursday, October 20, 2005

Early Morning

I love early mornings. It's like the world is entirely yours but you know company is just a floor or a room or a house away. The empty streets and sidewalks are great and so is the seemingly empty house. I love the aloneness feeling but with a safety net. I know I can wake up hubby or pooch or pick up the phone and call a couple of friends up this early.

When I gave up smoking I would walk whenever I had the urge to smoke...this was before the patch. I was always walking. I would leave the house early, early, early and it would still be dark. The streets were empty and my imagination would just be revved up. I would imagine that behind those closed dark windows were all sorts of things occurring and someday, someone would see me walk by and think I had witnessed something I didn't and I would begin to feel that someone would be following me, found where I lived, place heavy breathing calls, show up in the shadows in the parking garage at work etc etc and so forth. Early morning walks would turn out to be not the stress relievers those ladies' magazines said they would be.

Even now, in my quiet house with the sun just coming up I could imagine that the person in the house across the street is ..................Never Mind!!

I'm going to turn on the lights and wake up the dog...

No comments: