Friday, January 08, 2010

Starting the New Year

Happy New Year!  We start off with a hospital stay.  My husband is back in with emergency surgery.  The colon surgery he underwent in October left him with adhesions that were cutting off circulation in his small intestine and the pain hit on Friday evening.  We were in the emergency room on Saturday and that afternoon he was whisked away to surgery.  All went well and he is recovering as I write.  The incision is in the same spot but larger and the recovery will be as long if not longer than before.  Sigh.

So there you have it.  God is good though.  He saw to it that we moved quickly and He arranged for the surgeon who operated on him in October to be on duty so there would be no delay in correcting the situation.  Everyone was in the right place at the right time.  Thank You Lord.

And now on with my day.  Once again I realize how much that man does when he is home and well.  My chores seem to never end now.  At least when I hit the pillow I sleep like a rock.  We're expecting snow today...oh, that's right, it's January.  I must find that darned shovel.

No comments: