Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday's Child





She's really bored and sick of winter. She also thinks she's the size of a kitten. Good thing it's a big table so it stays put when she leaps up to answer the door. Our last pooch, a bit larger than this girl, would get under the coffee table and when he leaped the table went with him.


I said I was going to regress to childhood days and since I said that I have been remembering an album we had when we were kids. It consisted of 2 or 3 78RPM records and was made by someone called Uncle Don or was it Ed? Anywho, he sang nursery rhymes and giggled through the silly ones. I loved it. Here are the words to one and I'll bet you will love it too:


I saw an old lady tossed up in a basket ,Twenty three times as high as the moon. Where she was going I could not but ask it, for in her hand, she carried a broom.

"Old woman, old woman, old woman," said I, "Whither, oh whither, oh whither, so high?"

"To sweep the cobwebs off the sky. I'll be back again, by and by."

Now you can see why we love childhood. All things have to do is rhyme, not so much make sense. I'll have another for tomorrow if I can remember the middle. I know the start and the finish but . . sigh. . .childhood was a long long time ago.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit. JEREMIAH 17:7-8

Joyful Days said...

Fiddle dee dee, Fiddle dee dee, the Fly has married the Bumblebee...

That was always a favorite of mine.

Love the sweet pic of your little girl.

Julie