Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Save the Children Idea........

Just a thought. With all that is changing and hoping, if you know what I mean, this Volunteer Youth Organization/AKA Indoctrination Camp run in School at taxpayers' expense and turning out who knows what that will eventually be loyal to what?

I just read that Homeschooled children will be exempt from drinking the kool-aid. I have happened upon job creation opportunities. What about a pool of people who will home school other people's children in their home....sort of like a nanny who doesn't live in and clean and do laundry. I used to be a teacher. I am retired.....I would love to teach again. There are lots of parents who both have to work, especially now, and yet hate having the kids in Government Clutches - I mean schools. Why not be creative....start a new enterprise and save the children. Sing with me now .... Save the Children .... light your Bics and wave them...... Save the Children.

I think this is an idea whose time has come. I will visit many blogs and spread this idea and ... yes I am like Johnny Appleseed...../Gemma start an idea and hope that it will catch and spread. I think this is a keeper.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hmmm...I have to admit my daughter has been out of school for a while now...16 years...

And, home schooling wasn't a big thing then - but, anymore - I think that home schooling can be better -

1) More personal time with the teacher
2) Learning stems from the teacher and family core values.
3) There is more opportunity for cultural, artistic, and musical expression (especially since all of this has been cut from the budgets.)

I think a teacher who can handle teaching in her own home should go for it...

It beats the alternative of government controled public schools...

Joyful Catholic said...

With all that's coming down with the "fist" of "hope and change" or is it a 'hammer', I pray for you homeschooling moms & dads. I've been an empty nester now for some 8years. I've no grandchildren yet either, but I know you've all got a big battle on your hands with the government boot on your necks. Happily, OUR LADY wears Army Boots and if you turn to her, cling to her, she is ready to help you! God bless, and by the way, Gemma...I LOVE your name! Are you named after Gemma Galgani? She is a Saint who's been "chasing me down" and I want to get to know her better, so I'll be reading more about her in April. I try to get to know at least 2 Saints better each month. It's a great spiritual practice, and I'm too old to just have a 'patron saint' a year! I've got to get to know as many as possible, I've been a Late for Supper Returnee to the Catholic Church and no time to waste! :)

Joyful Days said...

Where did you read that hs'ers would be exempt, Commrade...errr...I mean, Gemma? :)

Inquiring minds, and all...

An interested "Citizen"