Monday, March 02, 2009

Have a Spot of Tea?

So now my husband wants to get involved in the Tea Party movement.....after all, here we are in or near Boston, the location of the original. Why not? He is a passionate and fed up guy who only wants to have a tad of what we earned and saved for retirement available to us for things we worked and saved for. I know, all those things our dear leader has said we have no need of, all that "stuff" we have been piling up. Well we were thinking of things like heat, lights, and food and I guess he's right. If we had those things then we would just hang on into old age and drain the resources of this planet which should be used for others, younger and healthier. What was I thinking? Anyhow, my husband is determined that we should be able to hang on for a couple of years yet..at least until he can collect social security. In order to do that we will need to keep a couple of the dollars we earn and it seems that with the vision and brilliance of the new administration we won't have those foolish 401K's to fall back on. I guess the only thing we can do now to feel less than totally helpless is to go to the harbor and dump in the tea!! I think that here, in Boston, April 19th would be the perfect time to do it.....that shot heard round the world day and the tea somehow seem to go together. Later.

No comments: