Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Back to the Misery

Just read that our Congress in it's wisdom has passed a House rule that prohibits legislators from using the internet to keep constituents informed. All information must be disseminated from "official" websites. Man. Are we becoming more and more like 1950's Russia or what?

Then again. They use the same controlling mentality about everything. No Drilling. No New Technology unless of course it's the new we want. "Nuclear Power No!!! It only works in France! Let them ride bikes and use blankets. Call the chauffeur. I have to go two blocks to my office. Thank goodness all those peasant cars are off the streets....now we can move about the country. We are the important citizens after all."

The I just read in the New York Post that Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins are being overrun in their Greenwich Village neighborhood by demonstrators who want the construction of a new hospital to go forward. St Vincents would build 3 blocks from their residence. The hospital currently provides massive assistance to the indigent every year and this newer facility would expand their ability to help. The demonstrators were referred to by Robbins, according to the story, as "those people". Oh, and the wildly liberal and charitable couple were attending a meeting protesting the expansion. Oh. I'n sure they want to help those poor things. They just want to help them somewhere other than near their home. Chauffeur!

Now I get that class warfare thing! We have the class....they don't.

1 comment:

Joyful Days said...

"Call the chauffeur. I have to go two blocks to my office. Thank goodness all those peasant cars are off the streets....now we can move about the country. We are the important citizens after all." Lu-uv this!!!

Yep. That is it. I think I said something like this not too long ago--I'll try to be more green if they'll get rid of the jetsetting to their latest awards ceremony or premier--something like that.

My husband is peeved (understatement) about the not allowing drilling. Gas prices shot up here 10 cents more. It's not getting any better.