Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sunshine and clouds

And now for a mid-week crisis.

Fabulously to this point there is none. I am taking an unexpected two days off from work and i am torn between running through the sprinklers screaming, "I'm Free!!!" and curling up in a fetal position to deal with the anxiety and guilt. What if I didn't do something critical that needed to be done by noon on Wednesday and it can only be done from my desk at the office? What if, what if, what if? What in anyone's name is wrong with me?

Enough of that. Cease. Desist. I could create a crisis from that stuff.

I read blogs everyday, I think I told you, and on Monday read that Rob Smith, aka Acidman, aka Gut Rumbles had passed away. I had emailed him a couple of times following his trip to rehab. He reminded me of my late husband and brother. They both had "issues" with alcohol. When Rob wrote about trouble sleeping I sent him some info that I remembered from when my husband had trouble. I got an email back, Rob thanked me. I was so impressed with that. All the mail he got and comments he had to read and he had the time to answer my silly email about how not sleeping was common. Later, he wrote about some other troubles and I commented again. Again he wrote back. I am really going to miss him. I pray for his family to feel the strength of God's hands holding them as they move through their pain.

As the song says, "The sun will come out tomorrow" we just don't know which tomorrow it might be. It will come out though and the world will be different for each one of us walking on it. Bless you all and I hope you are having a sunny day.

No comments: