Saturday, November 12, 2005

WINTER

So after the furnace was turned on and off and on again, we had an unexpected guest for dinner and he stayed the night. I got up early to put the coffee on and clean up the glasses etc from the night before. I sat down with a cup of coffee and the laptop, now wireless thanks to my wonderful husband, and I was distracted by the sound of water running. I thought I had left the water on in the kitchen sink, no, the bathroom sink, no, the toilet was running up or down stairs, no. And still the sound of water running. I finally went to the cellar and sure enough the pipes were chugging and wheezing and something to do with the furnace was making the running water sound in the pipes. This I know since it stopped shortly after I shut the furnace off. Oh Boy! If my husband was having the vapors over the furnace running, wait till he hears that it isn't. Pray for a miraculous recovery of the heating system.

No comments: