Wednesday, September 09, 2009

On the Road


Tomorrow the husband and I hit the road for a long overdue reunion with his children. I think I have blabbed this earlier but he was married very long ago when he and his bride were barely out of high school. Two children very quickly and he was in the service and away for long stretches. It didn't work. The split was not friendly and he has not seen or heard from or contacted the children in well over 30 years. Yikes.

They have made contact obviously and he and his daughter talk very frequently. He and his son are not quite so connected but friendly and circling, you know how that is. We are going to them and will spend 10 days getting to know them and them us. Pray for peace and gentleness. Patience will be a good thing too. Somehow, after all this time, my husband thinks it should all be fine. He has trouble with the slowness of his son's connecting. I keep saying "Baby steps", I love that movie..What about Bob?

Pictures and stuff along the way since I am bringing the computer. Now I must pack.

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

I hope that the trip goes well and that you have safe travels.