Tuesday, December 30, 2008

End of Year - End of Visit

Well, we made it through the week and yesterday I returned my nephew to his home. He is a sweetheart and really no trouble but my husband refuses to remember that he is slooooow. That's why he lives in a group home. He never remembers to unlock the door when he steps outside (yes, he smokes) and always locks himself out. I will say "Don't forget to make sure the door is unlocked". He replies, "I won't Auntie" and then, ten minutes later, the door bell rings. Multiply this by 15, every day, sometimes more than 15 since he also loves Dunkin Donut coffee and has to walk over there. Ding Dong. Ding Dong. My husband was crazed. I reminded him that this is the way the visit with us ALWAYS is and if he can't remember that, how does he expect my nephew to remember the door? To myself I had to say...."and who's the slow one?"

1 comment:

Joyful Days said...

Men...and I love men...but still...;)