Wednesday, August 24, 2005

searching and pondering

Read a headline this am which reminded me of a dream I had last night. My hubby and I were traveling to England and to go through customs you had to sit on a chair which swung from the ceiling and was connected to a scale. Yes. They weighed you before entering. Think of it. What a deterrent to travel, at least for most of us gals. The chair swung and the scale bounced and only when it settled could your weight be read. Fortunately it registered in stones. Everyone waiting their turn, for the most part, were poorly educated Americans such as myself to whom a stone means nothing.

I wondered why the total weight of the visiting public had to be known. Would the Island sink under a certain poundage, or stonage to be correct. Would people be turned back once the limit, whatever it was, had been reached?

I wonder what the whole thing meant? Anyone out there to analyze a dream?

No comments: