Friday, August 26, 2005

life and all

Life is a lot of things but it's never boring. Even when someone says they're bored to me it just means that it's a moment of quiet. I remember as a kid being bored, or at least telling my mother I was. It was more of a whine actually and a plea for her to tell me what I could do. She would run through a list of unappealing things that would keep anyone busy.

"Wash the windows, pick up your room, clean up the porch, rake the yard, brush the dog, color, cut out paper dolls, dust, etc., etc., etc., " None of these things met with my approval but I got my mother's attention and perhaps that was what I was looking for.

Now when I'm bored, mother is gone and I annoy all my friends. I am so blessed to have all my friends. Our conversations range from deep philosophical discussions to short, angry spats. Either way the interaction erases the boredom and life rolls on. I think all that boredom is is the lack of human interaction.

Hmm, I must be bored. Look at that deep philosophical thought.

No comments: