Saturday, February 01, 2014

Snow and Owls

Where has the time gone? Well it has been cold and then colder and we've had snow and more snow and then it got colder again. My husband had surgery early in January and he's just now feeling more human. He had a herniated disk in his neck that needed to be replaced. He's doing well but has trouble swallowing. That's normal I guess and will correct itself in time we're told. Meanwhile I am burning my brain cells trying to think of things that are good and easy to swallow. Cottage cheese is one but how much of that can one ingest?

Well it's still cold and we had snow yesterday and the cold means the snow stays and stays. I walk the dog and run home to warm up. She is a big girl and short haired and needs a sweater when the wind chill is below zero. She doesn't co-operate with that sweater thing so before we get out the door we are both exhausted. I of course have dressed in layers and more or less resemble Kenny from South Park. At least if I fall down and can't get up I won't freezed to death quickly.

Yesterday we went to a local beach and saw a Snowy Owl. I'm not kidding. It has taked over an Osprey nest and poses for the crowds. I have to say it was and is spectacular. We will go back with a bigger lens on the camera.

Here's a stolen picture from somewhere on the net. My husband said the owl's name is Amal. As they say "if you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal." Later friends. Stay warm.

No comments: