Wednesday, May 04, 2011

The Long Way Back

You may or may not know that since November we have been living through a BIG renovation and I mean living through since we lived in the house as it was torn apart and put back together again.  Before the construction we had to pack up everything in the sitting room, kitchen and bathroom upstairs and one of the bedrooms since those were the rooms being torn up and put back together again in a bigger and better way.  Well, it's over and now, since the beginning of April we have been unpacking everything that we packed and now we are wondering where it will all go.  Sigh.

While this has been going on I have of course been indulging in myself because, why not?  My indulgences amount to going out to eat and eating at home and drinking some fine wine and some not so fine wine and eating while having a glass of wine.  Now all of this must cease and desist.  It's approaching warm weather time and you know what that means.  No coats.  Shorts.  Sleeveless things.  OMG.  How can this be?  I am on the return trip to sensibility and it is a very rocky road.
Can that really be true?

And I think that she is correct in that salad thing.
Yes.  It is going to be a rocky road.  Did someone mention ice cream?

2 comments:

Kim Herrington said...

I just consumed my weight in potluck fair. BBQ, potato salad, cakes a cookies. Ugh. But you are so right abou the salad thing. A coworker and I are getting forces together to force each other to be good at work. Hope it works!

Ginge0clock said...

eugh why a crouton! it would ultimately destroy the concept of a sundee :) perhaps a cucumber instead?