Sunday, April 22, 2007

Life is Gooder than Good

We had quite a scare here. Last Saturday Hubby was working on tax things and when I checked on him in his office he told me he felt kind of "punky". He was sweaty and cold and told me his chest felt heavy....nuf said. 911. Sure enough when the EMT's arrived and took his blood pressure they strapped him in and off he went. Admitted from the ER and held until Tuesday when he had a cardiac cath which thank you God showed his arteries to be clear and that, combined with all the other testing done days prior showed no heart attack, ridiculously high cholesterol and blood pressure needing a goodly slam of medicine. He's home and healthy and I'm about to have a nervous collapse.

Not really. I am so grateful for our life and health that I can't believe I let all the other nonsense circling our lives bother me. It really is. Just. Nonsense.

How fortunate we are and how I have to be shaken into realizing it. Thank you Lord.

To put the top on the cake, today is brilliantly sunny and warm, daffodils are breaking into bloom and the air....the air is intoxicating. Birds are singing like lunatics and I am going out in this day and sit in the sun with a gooooooood book. Gotta love it and I do. Happy Sunday everyone!!!

No comments: