Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Lazy Post

OK so I know what I said yesterday but ... here I am and not in the mood to post anything least of all the uncles' WWII stuff. I will say this about the Uncs, they all served. One was in the Air Force, he was a paratrooper. He jumped on Corregidor. Lost for six months. Another served on a submarine and three others in the Navy as well. Another 2 in the Army. Lots of Uncles and all served. My father was not in the service. My mother said he had me to thank for that. I was born just in time to move him further down the draft list.

My husband was in the Air Force and would sign up again right now if he could. We fly the flag proudly and love our country, respect our President and are disappointed in the House and Senate. What can I say? We're from Massachusetts and are particularly embarrassed when our Senators are named. Memorial Day is a day to be proud of our troops and history. It is also a day to go to the cemetery and put flowers on the graves of loved ones who have gone home ahead of you. I did. My mother is proud. She has a beautiful box of blooms in front of her stone and Dad's. I also brought a pinwheel with an angel on it. She loves that kind of stuff. Love you Mom and Dad. Later

No comments: