Monday, October 30, 2006

Big Blue

Listened to the radio yesterday as we drove to many scenic vistas. The day was glorious and windy like a hurricane and between the blinding sun, bright blue sky and huge breakers at the National Seashore it was tough to decide which made the day more perfect. Back to the radio. Listened to Satellite Sisters, one of my favorite shows that has changed time slots so I keep missing it. They had a guest on who had written a memoir called Parched. The book sounds right up my alley and it’s been out a while which means the next memoir she is writing will not be that long to hit the stores so I won’t be kept waiting forever. Books were the order of the day since we were on our way to a bookstore to buy Howie Carr’s book, The Brothers Bulger, and say hi to Howie and have him sign the book. We did all of those things and how cool is that. We love Howie.

Following the purchase, meeting and signing we toured the area as explained above. I have to order the book Parched through my library account since we are on a BUDGET. I guess the Howie book was one of those “just this once” kind of things. Well we try but not for long stretches of time. Baby steps.

I am, as my aunt used to say, blue.

Not blue like the sky but blue like a mood.

I will be less blue soon I hope and will elaborate on the whys and wherefore’s of blueness.

Later

No comments: